Obligation to wear a face mask in NRW
In the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW), wearing a face mask is currently mandatory in many places.
What does this mean for events?
According to the Stipulations of the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW), there is also an obligation to wear a mouth and nose cover at trade fairs and congresses as well as cultural events.
What exceptions exist to the obligation to wear a face mask at trade fairs and specialist congresses?
- There is no obligation to wear a face mask while seated
- Persons who cannot wear a face mask due to medical reasons;
- As organizer, you decide whether a corresponding attestation must be carried at the event. Best practice is to communicate this rule in advance.
- The face mask may be removed when communicating with a person who is deaf or hard of hearing requires this;
- For the consumption of food and beverages;
- In the event that this is temporarily necessary to provide a service or medical treatment or it is necessary due to other reasons
In addition to the obligation to wear a face mask at congresses and events, there are several other aspects that are part of a hygiene and infection prevention concept. Click here to get more information on such a concept.