What must be Observed for a Planned Event in Cologne?
In addition to the usual steps in planning an event, suitable preventative measures can be taken in order to reduce the risk of infection as far as possible. We have summarised key points to consider for you.
Before holding an event in Cologne
- Admission regulations: Check whether you want to determine certain regulations (e.g. admission only with 3G or 2G plus) for admitting participants to your event.
- Check the applicable regulations for entering Germany:
- Information on the currently applicable regulations governing entry to Germany from your country can be found on the website of the German Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt) or at the foreign ministry responsible for your participants.
- Within Germany, your safe journey to and within Cologne is ensured by strict hygiene and protective measures on the German railways (Deutsche Bahn) and in the Cologne municipal transport system (Kölner Verkehrs-Betriebe — KVB, only in German).
- Find out whether the vaccination status of your event participants will be accepted in Germany. You can find more information on vaccines that are licensed in Germany on the website of the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut.
- Hygiene and infection prevention concept: The preparation of a hygiene and infection prevention concept is no longer required. Nevertheless we recommend that you prepare it in order to be prepared for unforeseen developments of the pandemic and to maintain the maximum safety of your visitors. Your respective venue operator and our Coronavirus checklist can help you in this process.
- Our recommendation: Do inform visitors to your event in advance about your hygiene and infection prevention regulations (e.g. via congress website).
- As regulations may change rapidly at the moment, we recommend to check whether your event is adequately insured. We would advise that in the contract you agree with your insurer to what extent new Corona-related bans can be considered as unforeseeable or to what extent force majeure can be invoked.
During the event
- Communicate your rules and regulations for responsible behaviour of participants to prevent infection with the help of simply understandable information boards.
Click here to get more information on recommendation for additional hygiene and infection preventions measures for your event.